Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Where Am I

For the longest time, I've wanted this blog to mean something. It doesn't have a clear strong category. It's not about fashion, beauty, cooking, gadgets or cars. It's a bit about here and there, on kids, life and my crafting hobby. But no clear stand. I think a lot of blogs started out like this.

I'm going to start a series of letters to my children. Letters that tell them about the world we are in now, the world that they are growing up in. I hope these letters will also give them an insight into what their mother is like at her prime of her life. A lot of children don't know what their parents were like. I see my parents as they are now, as old people who are sometimes naggy, irrational and 'weird' but I'm sure they were not like this when they were our age now. I'm sure they were also active, spontaneous, fun, witty and full of positive energy and hope at the prime of their lives. But as little kids, we don't see it.

I hope when they are adults, this is one of the ways I can reach out to them. *dramatic orchestral music plays*

I end this post with a quote by Angela Schwindt,

While we try to teach our children about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.

1 comment:

Ellen Yeo said...

I think that is a brilliant idea!